Friday 22 January 2010

365 Project - Day 22

Day 22 and we are now back on track with the posting of the images. This image was taken tonight on my dining room table. The table has glass panels in it which allowed me to fire some flash from underneath.
This little dog was given to me a few years ago by my wife. The reason for her giving me this particular toy was that it was the spitting image of my own dog of 15 years, Tess, who had just passed away in my arms. It was a difficult time for me because she had been a part of my life for so long and this little toy is still very special to me and brings back so many great memories; soppy I know.

The image was captured on my 5D with a 24-105mm lens attached. The lighting was provided by my two speedlights, one from below and one from behind, fill was provided by a piece of white card held in between the camera and subject and angled to direct the light onto the front of the toy. The settings for the lights were f5.6 from below f11 from behind, and the camera setting were 1/125 sec at f4.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment