Friday 1 January 2010

365 Project - Day 1

There has been a bit of talk around friends and colleagues about creating a 365 project. The 365 project is basically taking an image every day throughout the year and blogging it. I am going to attempt my own 365 project to test my camera skills, my vision and my mental focus. There will be days when I am not able to get to a computer during the year, but I will still try and capture an image each day and I will post them when I can.
I hope you will help me to keep focussed by adding comments to the posted images, and that you will also get some enjoyment from this project as it evolves.
Today is obviously day 1, being January 1st, and this is my image for the day.


This is an image of a present given to son Alex on his first Christmas. This little shoe has been put on our tree every year for the last 15 years. I chose to photograph this on day 1 because I am away for the weekend and my wife tells me that she will be putting the decorations away while I am away, so I will not see it again until December.
The image was lit using the Christmas tree lights and an LED torch. The camera settings were 1/40sec @f4 ISO800 on a 5D with a 24-105 lens.

1 comment:

  1. This will be fun to keep up on each others 365 project. it means so much now...can't wait to see what it means on day 365!

    ReplyDelete