Tuesday 30 March 2010

365 Project - Day 88

A Heaven and Hell theme tonight. I took these images in a local chapel, the first image is how I imagined it but I decided when I got them into the computer to change one of them to a flaming alter.



Both images were taken on my 5D with a 24-105mm lens attached. The light was provided by one 580 EX II at the front under the alter cloth pointing back and up. The settings for the first image were, ISO 1600, f4 at 1/30 sec, and for the second image, ISO 3200, f4 at 1/60 sec.
The first image has had very little manipulation. I boosted the colour a little and increased the contrast in LR then into PS for a some burning, to take out the flash (which was visible at the bottom of the alter) as I was using IR controls so needed to have it visible to the STE-2 on the camera. I added the flames to the candles (I didn't have a lighter with me) and the frame and signature.
The second image has had the colour changed and a contrast boost in LR, then into PS to lower the horizontal on the cross, add the flames to the candles, a lot of burning in, and the frame and signature added.

No comments:

Post a Comment