Sunday 12 June 2011

East Tytherley Country Fayre

A few snaps from yesterday at East Tytherley Country Fayre. We were really lucky with the weather all day,  the rain held off and the sun shone through, it was a little windy at times and one of the gazebos took off but we got it back and tied it down; not mine thankfully.
The country fayre is to raise money for repairs to the church roof and to bring the local people together. I was born only 1/2mile from where the fayre takes place and indeed I could see the house from my stand. My mum was helping out on the cake stall, selling the cakes which she makes for this event each year and giving all of the money to the fund.
I met some people from my school days which I hadn't seen for many, many years; it was good to catch up with them.

My Mum, with Ros (left) on the cake stall

My stand, in between the cake stall and the BBQ; perfect

 
My stand

A very large crowd was present all day

 A miniature steam engine, one of many giving the children rides around the grounds

These were amazing. They are created by Mandy Flynn and are made out of wire.

 Another Mandy Flynn creation

 And another

Two of my friends old Jags on show

No comments:

Post a Comment