Wednesday 7 April 2010

365 Project - Days 97

A little flower power tonight. I am a bit embarrassed to say I have no idea what this plant is, although I am sure someone will tell me, but it looks very pretty and I thought it would make a nice subject for my photo of the day.


Shot on my 5D with a 100mm macro lens attached, set to manual 1/125 sec at f14, ISO 100, the flash was set to manual 1/128 power. I took this image straight into PS, added a Topaz Small Detail, with a boost to the colour saturation, then added the frame.
I have included a set up shot tonight so you can see how easy it was to shoot. It was daylight when the shot was taken but by back-lighting and shooting on manual it is very easy to make the background appear completely black. Have a go, remember trial and error is the way to learn and with static subjects like flowers you can try and try and they won't get bored. Good Luck.


1 comment: