Tuesday 10 January 2012

Salisbury City FC and John Rose Photography

 It has come to my attention that there are rumours abound about the remuneration that I receive from Salisbury City Football Club. It has been mentioned to me that “it must be a good little earner for you”, so I thought I would just clarify the situation. I do realise it is no-one’s business but mine and the clubs but it was mentioned to me yesterday that the thoughts people have about this relationship may be affecting my business.

I need to start by saying that this is NOT a complaint about the club and that I am very happy with the relationship we have and which I agreed too.
  
I had been a fan for a few years but not really been involved in any way other than watching matches and being allowed to photograph in and around the club for my A-level Photography course back in 2007. When all the changes took place after we were relegated I approached Paul Fredericks about combining two of my passions, Salisbury City FC and Photography, and shooting the matches and team pictures for them. We agreed what would and wouldn’t be included as part of the agreement and a letter was exchanged.

I DO NOT RECEIVE ANY REMUNERATION FOR THE SERVICES I SUPPLY TO THE CLUB

I get a listing on the website and in the match day programme as well as my logo on the images in the Sarum Suite; these framed images were supplied and erected by me free of charge. The club supplies me with free travel too and from away matches and my FA Conference License gives me free access to home and away matches.

I supply images to the club with match images for their use and they credit me wherever they are used. I also supply Sarum Graphics with images for use in the match day programme free of charge and if away clubs need images I supply them free of charge. I will sometimes be asked for images from newspapers and magazines and these I am able to get a small remuneration for.

I hope that clears up any confusion and thoughts that I am taking money from the club. Please feel free to repeat what has been said here to anyone suggesting I take remuneration from the club for my services.

Best wishes
John
COYW

No comments:

Post a Comment