Monday 14 February 2011

The Ocean Bay Restaurant, Swanage

On Saturday I took Louanne (my wife) out for a meal to celebrate Valentine's Day. Louanne came down to Swanage on Saturday and we booked a table in the Ocean Bay Restaurant, which is a short walk from The Castleton Hotel, where we were staying.
The Ocean Bay is right on the beach. A beautiful setting for a beautiful restaurant and the food is an extension of the setting. Louanne and I had a starter of Calves Liver Parfait with Slow Gin Jelly and Fat Toast Fingers With Thyme Butter. Louanne had a main of Slow Roast Belly Pork, Thyme Braised Fondant Potatoes, Wilted Organic Spinach, Sauté Beets and Solar Power Purbeck Ale Jus and I had Chargrilled Loin Of Purbeck Venison, Fat Game Chips with Caramelised Roots, Béarnaise Sauce and Pan Syrup; is your mouth watering yet because it should be.
We should have been full by now but it seemed rude not to finish what we had started. To finish Louanne had Chefs Crumble of the Moment with Clotted Cream and I had Classic Dorset Apple Flan with Dorset Clotted Cream and Cinnamon Crème Anglaise.
I cannot rave enough about the food, it was the best meal I have had in a long time and I will certainly be visiting this restaurant again. If you decide to give it a go then ensure you ring and book as it is very popular as you can imagine










1 comment:

  1. It is great to hear you enjoyed your evening with us on Valentines, your pictures are amazing! are copies available for sale?. regards Billy . Ocean Bay.

    ReplyDelete