Sunday 27 September 2009

Playing with flash

This morning I took my beautiful wife to Norman Court to have a play with flash and ambient light balance. We only had a few minutes before we had to rush of to take my son (Alex) to his football match. I wanted to try a few things with off camera flash and balancing it with the high contrast of the sun on the background using a hand-held meter and manual exposure.
I am pleased with the results and certainly the images with the building in the background are very well balanced.
Camera sensors cannot balance this type of scene as they will either bleach out the background to expose the subject correctly or expose for the background and leave the subject in darkness. I will be trying other things with off camera flash in the coming weeks and will post some more images showing the difference between the camera's metering and using a hand-held meter and setting the camera manually.





No comments:

Post a Comment